21 Day Fasting and Praying for Our Children!!!
Time & Location
About the Event
The 21 Day Fasting and Praying for our Children guide will be taken from the book, "Parenting Ain't for Punks Prayer Journal: A 21 Day Guide to Fasting and Praying for Your Children," by Tavis Taylor. You can order the book on my website at http://bit.ly/prayingitforward
About the fast: From March 25, 2021 - April 14, 2021, we will be fasting and praying for our children. This will be done live on FB and in a private group. Satan is playing for keeps! He will use your children to get you distracted and off course, but we know this one thing, that “Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world” - 1 John 4:4 KJV. We have prayed, tried to raise our children with morals, told others to pray, believed God for things to be okay, and even said things like “I am leaving it in God’s hands”. NOW it is time to use our weapon of Fasting and Prayer. Therefore, we must push our plates back and use the weapons that God has given us. When you “kill” your flesh, your spirit man becomes stronger. The spirit, power, and authority of God comes alive even the more when you fast. As you humble yourself before God, the grace and favor of God will consume you, and covering your seed in prayer will be a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
Where is fasting for Children in the Bible?
Ezra was a man who was leading an expedition with women and children back to Jerusalem and knew that there would be many dangers that the children would face. So, Ezra did the most powerful thing he could do—He proclaimed a Fast. Ezra 8:21 NIV – “I proclaimed a fast, so that we might humble ourselves before our God and ask Him for a safe journey for us and our children, with all our possessions”.
Ezra knew the power of having a group of people fasting, humbling themselves before the Lord and specifically asking for safety for their children. He was confident that the Lord would honor their humble act of prayer and fasting. And the Lord did! Ezra 8:23 NIV – “So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and he answered our prayer”. Ezra and the people fasted, prayed, and pleaded with the Lord for the safety of their children on their long journey…and the Lord answered their prayer.
Example of a Partial Fast:
This is a partial fast from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. You should only consume Liquids, fruit and/or vegetables during fasting time. (This includes no sweets or caffeine during the entire fast) Remember fasting is to crucify your flesh. You can research the Daniel’s Fast. Even after 6:00 PM, limit what you eat and what you watch on TV. Your spirit will be sensitive but so will your flesh.
Other things you should know:
• There is no one size fits all fasting technique. However, there are some pointers you must remember.
• Limit your TV and Social Media time.
• If you mess up or skip a day, just pick up where you left off. PLEASE DON’T allow guilt to make you quit.
your alarm clock for 6:00 AM. You MUST be intentional.
• Make sure you have intentional conversations with your children throughout the fast.
• Make sure you pray, if you do not pray during your fast, you are merely on a diet.
• Worship – Read your Scripture – Pray DAILY!!! Worship is vital.
• You will find that God is using your love for your children to catapult you into a new relationship with Him. At any given moment during your fast, God may have you interceding (praying for) your enemies, the country, your husband, your mother, just be open to what God shows you.
• FAITH!! You must have faith that God hears you and will hear your prayers. If you don’t have faith in the beginning, ask God to help your unbelief. He will answer you.
Conversations with my seed: During this fast, you must have conversation with your children intentionally tell your child you love them. Ask them questions like…
o How can I parent you differently?
o What do you need from me?
o What can I do differently as a parent?
o What would you like to be when you grow up?
o What are your fears?
o How is school?
o What scares you about_____________?
o When I say God what do you think?
o Have you ever considered suicide?
o Have you ever been depressed?
o Has anyone ever touched you?
o How do I sound when I fuss at you?
Trust me when I say, you want to hear this. It will be funny, BUT it will show you how you are and how they will probably end up being. The questions above are some suggestions, take the time to be introspective and to ask God to guide in what you need to ask. Make this fun. Make a game out of it. You don’t want to SCARE (lol) your kids by asking questions. Don’t overload them in one day. Continue in prayer and the Holy Spirit will open the door of opportunity for conversations. The purpose of this is:
1) to create an environment where you can have an open dialogue with your child(ren) in a GOD-Intentional way.
2) to give you insight on the desires of THEIR hearts as well. This will give you clarity on what to pray.
How to get the most out of this fast: ORDER THE PRAYER JOURNAL
1. Find you an accountability partner to walk through this journey with you. This person should be fasting and praying as well. It makes it a little easier.
2. Make a commitment to pray for your child(ren)for 21 consecutive days. It is so important that you remain consistent and finish what you start. Your child(ren)need your prayers.
3. Ask God for guidance as you embark on your journey of consistently praying for your child(ren) Sample Daily Fasting Schedule
o Read the Topic
o Study the assigned scripture
o Speak the declarations out loud
o Pray the daily prayer
o Journal what God is saying
o (Take a screenshot of each page and read during your lunch-break daily.) Remember there is life and death in the power of the tongue so you are speaking life into your children (Proverbs 18:21).
4. Pray before going to bed and thank God for answering your prayers.
5. Don’t forget to touch basis with your child(ren)during the fast.
6. Complete the 21 days of praying, fasting, and journaling. If you mess up, keep going. Don’t try to be perfect. Be bold!
7. If you feel that the current days topic does not apply to your child(ren)then skip it and repeat one of the topics that does apply. DON'T skip the day.
8. Day 19-21 are conclusion days. These days you will ask for protection, blessings, and a benediction for your child(ren).
9. Gift the journal to your child(ren) upon completion. Ask your child(ren)to “Pray it Forward” by purchasing a journal, completing the 21 days, and gifting a prayer legacy for and to their child(ren).
10. Trust the Process